Sunday, May 25, 2014

Time for a Bit of Rest...

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that things may be a bit quiet here on the blog for the next week or two.  We are heading out of town for a much needed family vacation this coming week, and coming back to begin a new term and celebrate James' 6th birthday!  

In the meantime...I thought I'd share a couple of things that I will be pondering during my time away in case anyone else is in need of some rest....

Sarah's new book and audio series Teaching from Rest.  I'm so glad she decided to release this a few days early so I could download it before we headed out of town.  I've skimmed my copy over already and it looks fantastic...and the 4 companion audios are from 4 of my favorite speakers and bloggers. :)  Hopefully the rest of my family won't mind listening along with me on our 8 hour road trip....

Also in the most recent Circe Podcast, Andrew Kern shares some more good thoughts about rest and anxiety. 

And interestingly enough, as I've been mulling over chapter 3 of School Education in preparation for my next post in that series, I'm seeing a lot of connections between the idea of Rest and Masterly Activity.  


Happy Reading, Listening, and Pondering!  Look forward to chatting with you again in a couple of weeks!

1 comment: